GHS SDS Preparation & Workplace Labeling
Dell Tech’s experts successfully prepare Safety Data Sheets (SDS) for both Canada and the United States.
Safety Data Sheets are a crucial component for health and safety in a workplace and Dell Tech is unique in our ability to offer a combined SDS that can meet the requirements of both Canada and the US. Both countries require Safety Data Sheets and labels for hazardous products in the workplace.
- Canadian SDSs are required to follow Schedule 1 of the Hazardous Products Regulations (WHMIS 2015) and, by law, they must be in both English and Canadian French.
- United States SDSs and labels are required to follow the Hazard Communication Standard (HCS). Appendix D of 1910.1200 provides a detailed description of SDS content requirements as per OSHA.
- Combined Canadian SDS and United States SDS.
Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
Safety Data Sheets are intended to communicate information regarding health, physical, and environmental effects that could occur during usage, shipping, and handling of the substance or mixture.
The detailed information for an SDS is set within a 16-section format, which varies depending on the country of origin. Although the Globally Harmonized System (GHS) is the international standard that most countries follow, each country has adopted a different version and has their own unique requirements.
Dell Tech will review and classify your product to the appropriate regulation, in order to author SDSs that are compliant with the various Canadian and US requirements. This SDS review includes, but is not limited to, the Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG), Department of Transportation (DOT), current GHS standards, compliance with CEPA (DSL), TSCA, HMIS/NFPA ratings, State Right to Know Legislation, and California Prop 65.
HOW DELL TECH CAN HELP:
- Provide a 16-section SDS, which complies with current GHS standards for Canada.
- Provide a 16-section SDS, which complies with current GHS standards for United States.
- Provide a 16-section SDS, which complies with current GHS standards for Canada and the US (combined).
- Provide a complimentary GHS Label for hazardous products with each SDS.
- SDSs can be provided in English/Canadian French and Spanish.
- Provide an SDS that is customizable with your own logo.
- EHS consulting in the area of GHS workplace compliance, such as workplace inspections, training, and gap analysis.