Pest Management Regulatory Agency (PMRA)
Dell Tech provides professional and comprehensive PMRA registration applications.
Canadian pesticide registration is a complex process that involves the evaluation of formulations, extensive testing to determine the potential risks posed to human health and the environment, and the pesticide’s value, which is determined by assessing the product’s efficacy.
Dell Tech understands the current PMRA landscape and knows how to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements. Our regulatory specialists are well versed in the PMRA electronic indexing program and secure web portal to submit your application quickly and efficiently.
PMRA Regulations & Evaluations
Health Canada’s Pest Management Regulatory Agency (PMRA) is responsible for pesticide regulation and derives its authority from the Pest Control Products Act (PCPA). PCPA defines a pesticide as “any product, device, organism or substance that is used for directly or indirectly controlling, preventing, destroying, mitigating, attracting, or repelling pests”.
PMRA will only register a pesticide if there is sufficient scientific evidence to show that a product has value and does not pose unacceptable health or environmental risks. A registration is typically granted for a term of five years and registration can be continued upon renewal.
Dell Tech has vast knowledge of upcoming PMRA consultations and re-evaluations, allowing a better handle on new active ingredients, generic products, and possible label expansions.
Pesticides regulated under PCPA include, but are not limited to:
- Conventional and Non-conventional Pesticides
- Biopesticides (including microbials and biochemicals)
- Agricultural Pesticides (including fungicides, insecticides, and herbicides)
- Wood Treatment
- Antimicrobials (including Material Preservatives, Water Treatment, Pool & Spa Products, Sanitizers)
- Personal Insect Repellents
HOW DELL TECH CAN HELP:
- Design a registration strategy, timeline, fee, and cost estimate
- Review data and create gap analysis
- Ensure high-quality applications
- Create PMRA English/French label text for submission
- Submit pre-submission consultations, registrations, renewals, incident, and sales reports
- Act as a Canadian Regulatory Agent for foreign companies
- Address deficiencies and liaise with PMRA directly on your behalf
- Registration package/dossier assembly and electronic submission