Dell Tech’s team will accurately test your product for a wide range of hazards in our ISO 17025 Accredited Laboratory.
As the manufacturer, importer or transporter of consumer or workplace chemicals, you are required by law to evaluate the hazards of your products to ensure the safety of end-users. Don’t worry if you don’t know where to start, our laboratory team will walk you through the process from test method selection to reviewing the results, working collaboratively with our in-house Product Safety experts to apply the appropriate regulations to your product.
HAZARD CLASSIFICATION TESTING
Dell Tech Laboratories is an ISO 17025 accredited Laboratory that performs classification testing using the same test methods required by Regulations including:
- DOT Hazardous Materials Regulations: 49CFR173
- OSHA HCS 2012: 29CFR1910.1200
- Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) Federal
- Hazardous Substances Act: 16CFR1500
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations (TDGR)
- Hazardous Products Regulations (WHMIS 2015)
- Consumer Chemicals & Containers Regulations (CCCR)
- Globally Harmonized System (GHS)
HOW DELL TECH CAN HELP WITH HAZARD CLASSIFICATION:
Dell Tech has the lab services accreditation, experience, and equipment to test your product for a variety of hazards. Below is a list of test methods for hazardous products:
- ASTM D56: Standard test method for flashpoint by Tag Closed Cup tester
- ASTM D93: Standard test methods for flashpoint by Pensky-Martens Closed Cup tester
- UN TDG Method L.2: Sustained combustibility test
- GHS/UN TDG: Ignition distance test for spray aerosol
- GHS/UN TDG: Enclosed space ignition test
- GHS/UN TDG: Aerosol foam flammability test
- 16CFR1500.45: Method for determining extremely flammable and flammable contents of self-pressurized containers
- CCCR Schedule 1: Test for determining the flashback and the length of the flame projection of a flammable product enclosed in a spray container
- Health Canada Official Method DO-30: Determination of flame projection
- Health Canada Method C31.2: Sustained combustibility of aerosol foam of consumer products
- OECD 435 (Corrositex®): In vitro membrane barrier test for skin corrosion.
- GHS/UN TDG Method C.1: Test for determining the corrosive properties of liquids and solids that may become liquid during transport as dangerous goods of Class 8, Packing Group III
- CCCR: Determination of Acid Reserve or Alkali Reserve.
Senior Laboratory Technician, Regulatory Affairs Specialist
Call: 519.858.5021 ext 2070