Amazon Product Safety and Compliance Requirements
By: Ivy Tang, Product Safety Specialist, email
An increasing number of businesses are choosing to sell their products through online channels such as Amazon. But did you know Amazon has strict requirements for product compliance?
Amazon requires that listed products must comply with the relevant federal, state, and provincial laws. To prove compliance, the following items may be requested:
- Test reports from an ISO 17025 accredited laboratory
- Proof of compliance markings, including copies of labels
- Safety data sheets
Failure to produce the necessary documentation can cause your product to be recalled, restricted, or even debarred. In fact, Amazon can be held liable for third-party product safety. It’s no wonder they want to ensure their sellers are able to provide compliance documentation!
At Dell Tech, we can assist in providing the right documentation and guide you through the various regulations your product may be subject to. This includes:
- Consumer labeling compliance per the Consumer Chemicals and Containers Regulations 2001 (CCCR) and Federal Hazardous Substances Act (FHSA)
- Authoring WHMIS 2015 and HCS 2012- compliant SDSs
- Test reports outlining proof of classification. Common tests include flash point, flame projection, and corrosivity.
- State-specific product compliance under California Prop 65 and VOC regulations
Visit our website delltech.com for a full list of all our services.
Dell Tech Laboratories
Ivy Tang, B.Sc.
Product Safety Specialist
519-858-5021 ext 2043
Dell Tech has provided professional, confidential consulting services to the chemical specialty
industry in Canada, the USA, Europe, and Asia for the last 40 years.
Contact us today for more information.