VOC Regulations in Canada to Include Adhesives, Adhesive Removers, Sealants and Caulks
By: Dana Mladin, SENIOR TECHNICAL CONSULTANT
The deadline to comply with Canada’s Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) Regulations is January 1, 2024. The deadline applies to categories including Adhesives, Adhesive Removers, Sealants and Caulks.
If your company is not ready to meet the requirements, contact Dell Tech today. Our team has the necessary expertise to classify and calculate VOC content per the Volatile Organic Compound Concentration Limits for Certain Products Regulations. We can also guide you through the requirements for product labelling, record keeping and if necessary provide supporting documentation from our accredited laboratory.
Examples of this product category from Schedule 1 of the regulations include, but are not limited to:
- Structural waterproof adhesive
- Sealant or caulking packaged in a quantity of less than or equal to 475 ml or less than or equal to 454 g and that is designed to fill, seal, waterproof or weatherproof gaps or joints between two surfaces (exclusions apply)
- Adhesive remover
Please refer to Schedule 1 for a full list of categories, sub-categories and product exemptions.
Importers and manufacturers have a responsibility to meet the requirements of these new Canadian VOC regulations.
How Dell Tech Can Help:
Dell Tech’s knowledgeable consultants will assist your company with:
- Classifying your product into the correct category, subcategory and corresponding VOC limits
- Calculating your product’s VOC
- Providing detailed reporting for each product, including VOC content calculations, classification and limits
- Guiding you through options for reformulation or unit trades
- Determining if any exemptions are applicable
- Supplying a Letter of Acknowledgement for distributors/retailers
- Consumer Chemical Labelling to support compliance with Canada’s Consumer Chemicals and Containers Regulations (CCCR 2001) and US Consumer Protection Safety Commission (CPSC)
- Hazard Classification Testing for all purpose cleaners, floor polishes, automotive maintenance aerosols and more
- Amazon Compliance support for automotive and household maintenance products, as well as miscellaneous consumer products
Email Client Services for more information