Health Canada Fee Adjustments: Pest Control Products Fees and Charges Regulations
By: Teri Jenner, Manager Regulatory Affairs Group, email
For the first time in nearly 20 years, Health Canada is moving forward with fee changes for Pest Control product (PCP) Registration and Annual Registration (Right to Sell).
Fee changes take effect April 1, 2017
There are both significant increases and decreases to the existing fee structure for Product applications or amendments. The biggest changes affecting most registrants will be:
- Notification fees going from $0 to $247
- Basic Processing fees are going from $154 to $1133
- New fees are introduced for semiochemical and microbial Pest Control Products. No new fees are proposed for non-conventional/reduced-risk pesticides.
- Annual Right to Sell fees will increase to 4% of annual sales instead of 3%, with a lower limit of 100$/yr and an upper cap of 3600$/yr.
- Also in place is now an automatic annual 2% increase to application fees on April 1st each year. This is aligned with the current practice for Drug Registration fees.
The full regulation can be found here.
Dell Tech Laboratories
Dell Tech has provided professional, confidential consulting services to the chemical specialty
industry in Canada, the USA, Europe, and Asia for the last 40 years.
Contact us today for more information.