Selling Your Products on Amazon? Here Are Some Things You Should Know
By: Teah Jazey, Regulatory Affairs and Product Safety Associate, email
There are an increasing number of businesses that are choosing to sell their products through online channels such as Amazon. But did you know Amazon has strict requirements for product compliance?
Amazon requires that listed products must comply with the relevant federal, state, and provincial laws. In order to prove compliance, the following items may be requested by Amazon:
- Test reports from an ISO 17025 accredited laboratory
- Proof of compliance markings, including copies of labels
- Safety data sheets
Failure to produce the above required documentation can cause your product to be recalled, restricted, or even debarred from the Amazon website. In fact, Amazon can be held liable for third-party product safety. It’s no wonder they want to ensure their sellers are able to provide compliance documentation!
At Dell Tech, we have the experience and expertise to guide you through the various regulations your products may be subject to. We offer the following services:
- Consumer labeling compliance per the Consumer Chemicals and Containers Regulations 2001 (CCCR) and Federal Hazardous Substances Act (FHSA)
- Authoring WHMIS 2015 and HCS 2012- compliant SDSs
- Test reports outlining proof of classification. Common tests include flash point, flame projection, and corrosivity.
- State-specific product compliance under California Prop 65 and VOC regulations
Visit our website www.delltech.com for a full list of the services we offer.
Dell Tech has provided professional, confidential consulting services to the chemical specialty
industry in Canada, the USA, Europe, and Asia for the last 40 years.
Contact us today for more information.