Vaping 101: Kits, Pods, Devices, and Blister Packs
By: Ivy Tang, Product Safety Specialist, email
Prefilled vaping pods, blister packaging, and starter kits all fall under the Vaping Products Labelling and Packaging Regulations. If you are selling vaping products with multiple layers of packaging, it is important that the exterior, interior, and immediate container packaging are all compliant. Did you know:
- Pods of different nicotine strengths packaged and sold together need all nicotine concentrations displayed.
- Mandatory information such as the health warning may be required to be printed on both the exterior and interior layers of packaging.
- Blister packs, depending on how they are packaged and/or sold, may also be subject to needing information printed on the foil backing.
- Tags or leaflets may be used to display information if the main display area of your packaging is too small- know when these exceptions are applicable!
- Labeling and packaging for empty tanks and devices still need to follow the Canadian Consumer Packaging and Labelling Regulations.
The Vaping Products Labelling and Packaging Regulations can be found here.
Dell Tech can help you and your company reach labeling and packaging compliance before the regulations come into force on July 1st, 2020. If you have regulatory questions, are in need of label templates, or simply want your labels reviewed, don’t hesitate to contact us today.