Corrosion Testing with Dell Tech Laboratories and Corrositex®
By: Joe McCarthy, Lab Service Manager/Senior Regulatory Affairs Specialist, email
Are you selling or shipping a potentially corrosive product in Canada? Do you want to confirm, or downgrade your classification and packing group, saving you time and money?
Corrositex® is the lowest cost, fastest, and most accurate non-animal OECD/GHS approved corrosion test available.
Dell Tech is the exclusive Canadian supplier of InVitro Corrositex® Kits and the leading accredited Corrositex® testing lab in the country.
There is no requirement to test chemical mixtures under WHMIS/HCS 2012/GHS/TDG, however, if you do not test, then the mixture inherits the labeling of the individual hazardous ingredients. For example, a product containing an alkali like sodium hydroxide or an acid like hydrochloric acid must be labeled corrosive without testing.
Dell Tech and Corrositex® can help you:
- Remove the corrosive symbol from your product label,
- Save money and time by lowering packing and shipping costs,
- Downgrade your packing group enabling you to ship larger quantities,
- Avoid controversial animal testing.
Many of Dell Tech Clients have been delighted to see their GHS classification go from 1C and even 1B to non-corrosive.
Corrosion testing with Dell Tech and Corrositex® can:
- Save time and money with transportation (TDG) by going from corrosive to limited quantity, or
- Accurately represent your product hazard (GHS) by changing from corrosive to an irritant.
Joe McCarthy, Senior Regulatory Affairs Specialist
Dell Tech has provided professional, confidential consulting services to the chemical specialty
industry in Canada, the USA, Europe, and Asia for the last 40 years.
Contact us today for more information.