Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA)
Dell Tech provides comprehensive pre-market assessments and product registrations.
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) regulates all fertilizers and supplements (substances other than fertilizers that improve the physical condition of soil or plant growth) that are imported and/or sold in Canada under the Fertilizers Act.
The Fertilizer Act requires that all regulated fertilizer and supplement products be properly labeled, and shown to be safe for humans, plants, animals, and the environment. The CFIA works together with provinces and municipalities to ensure that all products meet the highest standards of safety.
CFIA Assessment & Registration
CFIA’s pre-market assessment consists of a detailed evaluation of product information and labeling. Products that are exempt from registration are still subject to regulation and must meet all the necessary standards at the time of sale or import.
Most supplements and some fertilizers are subject to registration and will require a comprehensive pre-market assessment prior to their import and/or sale in Canada.
Feeds Act & Feeds Regulation
In Canada, all feed ingredients intended for use in livestock must be approved for market by the CFIA under the Feed Act and listed in Schedules IV and V of the Feeds Regulation (1983).
Feed ingredients and additives must be safe and support the utility of the feed for the target species under the intended conditions of use. Registration of some ingredients, as well as some mixed feeds, with the CFIA may also be required.
HOW DELL TECH CAN HELP:
- Develop and review labels
- Conduct pre-submission assessments
- Prepare and submit registration applications
- Act as a Canadian Agent for foreign companies
- Coordinate and develop dialogue with regulatory agencies
- Confirm ingredients listed on the approved feed ingredients listing
- Register processing aids for use in rendering plants and blood processing, meat processing plants, and fish processing plants