Cosmetic Ingredient Hotlist and Proposed Updates
By: Kirsten Alcock, Principal Product Safety Consultant, email
Canada’s Chemicals Management Plan (CMP) program is sharing their Publications Plan to inform stakeholders of risk management (RM) publications for the coming year. Please note that the targeted publication dates are of course subject to change.
The Risk Management Publications targeted for January to March 2022 include the final amendment to the Cosmetic Ingredient Hotlist to add conditions for 2-Ethylhexyl-2-ethylhexanoate (2-EH-2-EHA).
The Proposed updates to the Cosmetic Ingredient Hotlist: Prohibited and Restricted Ingredients came out in 2020. The Purpose of the document was to solicit comments on their proposal which includes the following:
- additions to the Hotlist
- changes to the conditions for existing entries on the Hotlist
- changes to include new substance identifiers or make minor corrections
There were many proposed additions to the hotlist including but not limited to the following:
- Restrictions to Ethylhexyl Ethylhexanoate and alpha-hydroxy acids
- Conditions added for p-hydroxyanisole, azelaic acid and its salts, peroxide and peroxide-generating compounds as well as Eucalyptus oil
- Prohibitions to retinoic acid
Once we hear more, we will keep you informed.
For more information on the proposed updates, please see the Government of Canada website.
Kirsten Alcock, B.Sc. (Hons)
Principal Product Safety Consultant
Dell Tech has provided professional, confidential consulting services to the chemical specialty
industry in Canada, the USA, Europe, and Asia for the last 40 years.
Contact us today for more information.