Environmental Regulatory Compliance
Dell Tech will help you create a culture of compliance and continuous improvement.
The protection of the environment is an integral part of every business, from municipal regulations for waste management to certificate requirements for air or water. As environmental regulations continue to become more and more prescriptive, with lower limits to lessen the impact on our environment, your business needs to assess environmental risk.
Ensuring sustainable processes, while minimizing environmental impact, is part of being a good corporate citizen.
What is governed by environmental legislation?
- Waste management
- Emergency Response
- Waste water
- Air emissions
- Environmental Compliance Approvals
- Federal Regulatory requirements
- Provincial Regulatory requirements
- Municipal Regulatory requirements
- Chemical use
- Pesticide use
There are many different types of legislation and governing bodies that are responsible for the environment, whether it is the Canadian Environmental Protection Act (CEPA) or the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Due diligence is a large component of environmental compliance. Assessing your environmental hazards and risks, and putting programs in place to mitigate them, is part of compliance and monitoring. Whether you store chemicals and/or create waste, every business has environmental requirements.
Dell Tech can help you with regulatory compliance, conformance with management systems, gap analyses, and continuous improvement.
Which programs fall into the environmental category?
- Blue Box Stewardship
- Source separation
- Waste reduction planning
- Hazardous materials disposal (HWIN registrations, manifests, etc.)
- Certificate of Approval and Environmental Compliance Approval
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods, including proof of classification
- Emergency Response planning, including E2 requirements
- CANUTEC Requirements and Updates
Certain activities, such as discharging water into the natural environment or city sewer, may require environmental testing. If you have a surcharge agreement with the city or local municipality, you may be required to do scheduled sampling. If you have an environmental compliance approval or an environmental activity and sector registry, there may be conditions that require water or soil sampling as well. We can perform your field testing and we only use accredited laboratories for analysis.
Some types of testing that we can help you with include:
- Water – BOD, COD, Suspended solids, phosphates, nitrates
- Soil testing (shallow) – for outflows and surface contaminants, heavy metals, chemical contaminants
HOW DELL TECH CAN HELP:
- Environmental Management System, including setup and startup
- Environmental Compliance Auditing
- Environmental Risk Assessments
- Hazardous Waste Programs and compliance
- Non-Hazardous Waste Programs and compliance
- Blue Box Stewardship
- Source separation and waste reduction planning
- TDG – Proof of Classification
- HWIN Registrations and updates