Vaping Products Promotion RegulationsRequest a Quote
By: Ivy Tang, Product Safety Specialist, email
The Vaping Products Promotion Regulations (VPPR), published in the Canada Gazette Part II on June 26th, were introduced to mitigate the impact of vaping product promotion on youth (anyone under 18 years old). The regulations intend on doing this in several ways:
- Limit exposure to vaping product advertisements in public spaces, such as billboards, public transit, and non-age-restricted websites.
- Limit exposure to vaping products at the point of sale. This includes prohibiting brand elements such as logos and slogans and prohibiting visual or sound effects if it can be seen or heard by youth.
- Require mandatory health warning on all vaping product ads:
- WARNING: Vaping products contain nicotine, a highly addictive chemical.
- WARNING: Vaping products release chemicals that may harm your health.
Visual, audio, and text message advertisements must also disclose the health warnings. Failure to comply with these regulations may result in monetary fines, product seizure, and/or prosecution.
Contact Dell Tech today for all your vaping compliance needs.
Dell Tech has provided professional, confidential consulting services to the chemical specialty
industry in Canada, the USA, Europe, and Asia for the last 40 years.
Contact us today for more information.