OSHA Seeking Member Nominations for the Federal Advisory Committee on Occupational Safety and Health (FACOSH)
By: Kirsten Alcock, Manager, Product Safety Group, email
A notice was published in the federal register on August 5, 2016, advising that OSHA is accepting nominations for individuals to serve on the committee. The committee itself advises the secretary of labour on health and safety issues related to its’ federal employees. These include, but are not limited to, providing advice on how to reduce injuries and illnesses in federal workplaces. FACOSH is accepting nominations for 3 labour and 3 management representatives.
Nomination requirements are as follows:
- The nominee’s name, contact information, current employment;
- Category of membership that the nominee is qualified to represent;
- The nominee’s resume/curriculum vitae, including prior membership on FACOSH and other relevant organizations, associations, and committees;
- A summary of the nominee’s background, experience, and qualifications that address the nominee’s suitability to serve on the FACOSH;
- Articles or other documents the nominee has authored, if any, that indicate the nominee’s knowledge, experience, and expertise in occupational safety and health, particularly as it pertains to the federal workforce; and
- A statement that the nominee is aware of the nomination, is willing to regularly attend and participate in the FACOSH meetings in person and has no apparent conflicts of interest that would preclude membership on FACOSH.
Nominations must be submitted by October 31, 2016.
For further information, please see the following link: www.OSHA.gov
Kirsten Alcock, B.Sc. (Hons)
Manager, Product Safety Group
Dell Tech has provided professional, confidential consulting services to the chemical specialty
industry in Canada, the USA, Europe, and Asia for the last 40 years.
Contact us today for more information.