Consumer Product Exclusion within Canada’s Hazardous Products Act EXTENDED
By: Kirsten Alcock, Manager of Product Safety, email
In February, I wrote a blog advising that Health Canada is looking to understand the scale of hazardous consumer products that are being used within workplaces in Canada. On March 18, Health Canada advised that they have extended the consultation period to March 31, 2021.
The survey is available on the CCOHS website link here.
Health Canada is encouraging those interested to provide their feedback as soon as possible. Stakeholder input can still be provided after the survey but only to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a recap, below is a summary of some of the information I originally provided back in February.
- Health Canada is looking to better understand by way of survey, the scale of hazardous consumer products that are in use within workplaces.
- They are looking to understand their impact on worker health and safety and how to best protect workers who use, handle and store hazardous consumer products.
- Health Canada wants to understand your concerns, if any, the consumer product exclusion under the Hazardous Products Act may pose from a workers’ protection perspective;
- Health Canada wishes to collect views on potential approaches to address consumer products; and,
- inform a thorough cost-benefit analysis on the potential impacts of any regulatory change.
- Industry stakeholders, federal, provincial, and territorial partners, labor organizations, employers, and workers who are interested in commenting on the consumer product exclusion within the proposed revision to the Hazardous Products Act have from February 9, 2021, until March 21, 2021, to do so.
You are encouraged to submit your comments to Health Canada on the website or by email to: email@example.com
Kirsten Alcock, B.Sc. (Hons)
Manager, Product Safety Group
Dell Tech has provided professional, confidential consulting services to the chemical specialty
industry in Canada, the USA, Europe, and Asia for the last 40 years.
Contact us today for more information.