Experts in Environmental Health And Safety
1. There are currently no requirements for risk-based assessments to be done in the industrial sector. The proposal will add new requirements for hazard and risk-based assessments which will require updating with any change or at least annually. The assessments will also require written measures/controls in the sections of engineering, work practices, industrial hygiene, administrative, substitution and or proper protective equipment.
These changes will bring the Industrial Regulation more in line with other regulations under the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act such as the mining regulations. This shows a clear move to adopt a best practice similar to the International Standards such as OHSAS 18001 and ISO 45001.
Dell Tech can perform hazard and risk identification assessments for your business and production needs including recommended controls, written safety programs, and machine guarding reviews in compliance with the CSA standard. The first step is a hazard and risk identification. From this we can develop a customized compliance program based on your business needs.
2. Traffic Management is also up for comment. The new requirements will include the use of
Dell Tech can help you create a plan for compliance with pedestrian and traffic management safety implementing realistic solutions to maintain compliance and to keep you up to date.
3. Along with the traffic management changes above employers will be required to develop and maintain written traffic management programs to address the hazards from moving powered mobile equipment, the program will require annual review or more frequently if changes occur which could impact traffic management.
Dell Tech can help you create a plan for compliance with traffic safety in your business with realistic solutions to maintain compliance and perform updates as required, or at least annually.
4. H- visibility safety apparel will also be added to the industrial regulations in keeping with the requirements in the construction safety regulations. This will require that signallers wear CSA compliant hi vis apparel and that they will require arm and leg bands between sunset and sunrise.
Dell Tech can create a full proper protective equipment program based on job-specific tasks, with recommended PPE types, cleaning requirements, training and annual or as require updates.
5. The requirements for eyewash and safety showers are also proposed to be amended to include the use of appropriate measures to protect a worker that can now include:
In the past, only eyewash and safety showers have been referenced.
Dell Tech can help you create a plan for compliance with eyewash and safety shower requirements in your business with realistic solutions to maintain compliance and perform updates as required, or at least annually.