Amazon Vendor Central and Product Compliance require detailed product compliance submissions for all Canada Import Vendors. Dell Tech has recently seen an increase in the number of Canadian and US Clients requesting compliance submission packages for Amazon. According to the Amazon Participation Agreement, vendors must comply with all Laws and Regulations including packaging, labeling, and product registration laws. If you have listed, or would like to list, a product on Amazon, review our quick reference list to determine what Laws and Regulations apply to you.
Dell Tech Quick Reference List for Product Compliance with Amazon
Consumer Chemical Products must comply with:
- Canadian Consumer Chemicals & Containers Regulations (CCCR)
- American Consumer Product Safety Commission Regulations (CPSC)
Examples: cleaning chemicals, air fresheners, reed diffusers, paint products, art & craft supplies, car care & maintenance products, adhesives, lighters, pet care products
Cosmetics, Hair & Skin care Products must comply with:
- Health Canada, Consumer Product Safety, Cosmetics and Personal Care
- Health Canada, Cosmetic “Hotlist” – List of Prohibited and Restricted Cosmetic Ingredients
- Food and Drugs Actand Food and Drug Regulations
- Cosmetic Regulations
- Controlled Drugs and Substances Act
Examples: make-up, fragrance, shampoo, skin & body cream, lotion or butter.
Natural Health Products & Over The Counter Products must comply with:
- Health Canada’s Natural and Non-Prescription Directorate (NNHPD)
Examples: Sunscreen, Acne therapy products, Antiseptic skin cleansers, Anti-dandruff products, Athletes foot treatments, Medicated skin care products, Diaper rash products, Throat lozenges, disinfectants.
Pesticides, fertilizers, must comply with:
- Pest Management Regulatory Agency Pest Control Products Regulations
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency (Feeds, Seeds and Fertilizers)
Examples: insecticide, herbicides & weed killers, bug spray, liquid plant food, hard surface sanitizer
Take the guess work out of complicated Canadian Regulations by using Dell Tech’s team of expert Consultants.
Whether you need a CCCR Label Review, a CCCR Lab Report for an online market place like Amazon, or a full CCCR Checklist for Health Canada, Dell Tech can help. Our reports and reviews provide all the necessary label precautionary language and warning statements in both English and French, hazard symbols and a full CCCR classification. We will ensure that your label will meet all French language requirements for mandated information, Consumer packing and labeling act requirements, the Hazardous Products Act (HPA) and CCCR2001.
Dell Tech has provided professional, confidential consulting services to the chemical specialty industry in Canada, USA, Europe and Asia for the last 35 years. Contact us today for more information.